Sundorne Education Centre KS3/4
Sundorne Education Centre is provision for Key Stage 3/4
children in North Shropshire. The centre is located on the outskirts of
We take students from all of areas who have been struggling
in a mainstream school environment. In Sundorne Education Centre we offer
small classes with well-trained teachers to help students reach their
potential. With our KS3 pupils, our aim
is to move the students on to full time permanent placements in schools that
will best work for the individual student.
Aims of Sundorne Education Centre
Our key aim is to develop a highly effective, responsive Pupil Referral Unit which meets the needs of pupils with social, emotional, mental health and medical needs by:
- ensuring the safety of pupils by creating a secure environment.
- providing a high quality learning experience appropriate to the individual needs of the pupils.
- maintaining pupils' programmes in their local community as far as possible.
- offering professional assessment of th eprimary need of the pupils to inform their future placements.
- supporting reintegration back into full-time education at the earliest opportunity.
- working collaboratively with schools and pofessional agencies in order to provide an outstanding educational experience.
- ensuring that pupils have the opportunity to achieve outcomes suitable for them post 16.
Sundorne Education Centre timing of the day
|9.00 – 9.25||Form|
|9.25 – 10.10||Lesson 1|
|10.10 – 10.30||Break|
|10.30- 11.15||Lesson 2|
|11.15 – 12.00||Lesson 3|
|12.00 – 12.15||Plenary|
|12.15 – 12.45||Lunch|
|12.45 – 1.30||Lesson 4|
|1.30 – 2.15||Lesson 5|
Staff at Sundorne Education Centre
|Head of Secondary||A Savchenko|
|Centre Manager||M Ratcliffe|
|Head of KS3||R Hatton|
|Teaching Assistant||K Clapham|
|Teaching Assistant||S Edwards|