Harlescott Education Centre
Primary-age children are placed at the Service’s Harlescott Education Centre, usually on a shared placement, remaining on roll with their mainstream primary school.
Aims of Harlescott Education Centre
Our key aim is to develop a highly effective, responsive Pupil Referral Unit which meets the needs of pupils with social, emotional, mental health and medical needs by:
- ensuring the safety of pupils by creating a secure environment.
- providing a high quality learning experience appropriate to the individual needs of the pupils.
- maintaining pupils' programmes in their local community as far as possible.
- offering professional assessment of the primary need of the pupils to inform their future placements.
- supporting reintegration back into full-time education at the earliest opportunity.
- working collaboratively with schools and professional agencies in order to provide an outstanding educational experience.
Harlescott Centre's School day
|9:15||Morning session commences|
|12:00||Pupils leave to attend mainstream school. |
|13:00||Afternoon session commences|
|15:00||End of school day|
PE every Wednesday for both morning and afternoon groups.
Forest School Sessions every Thursday morning throughout the Summer Term for selected pupils.
Harlescott Centre Teaching Staff
|Head of Primary|
Deputy Head of Service
|Assistant Head of TMBSS - Primary|
|Specialist Teacher (KS1)|
|Specialist Teacher (KS2)||Miss Snow|
|Specialist Teacher (KS2)||Mr Brown|